Hardworking. Honest. Approachable.
In my first session as your State Senator, I helped secure record higher education funding, overdue tax reform, and record clean energy investments. I sponsored and passed legislation to protect endangered Orcas, win needed local school funding, permanently protect Blanchard Mountain, invest in projects including the Lopez Swim Center, Mount Vernon Library, Lummi National Community Park, Skagit Emergency Communications, and the Port of Bellingham waterfront. As State Senator I’m proud to be:
Your Environmental Champion
- Preserving the open spaces, beaches, and wildlife that are the cornerstones of our region.
- Investing in clean energy and fighting for social justice as we face the existential threat of climate change.
- Planning for the energy and transportation needs of the neighborhoods and industries of tomorrow.
Your Housing and Homelessness Advocate
- Getting our most vulnerable neighbors the services and support they need.
- Creating a path to affordable housing for all ages and incomes through regional collaboration and strategic land use, zoning, and financial modeling.
- Recognizing and investing in housing as a foundation of public health and community well-being.
Your Voice in Olympia
- Working collaboratively with the community and all levels of government to come up with real solutions to challenges, large and small.
- Advocating for gun violence prevention measures, public safety, & school safety