Hardworking. Honest. Approachable.
Since joining the legislature in 2019, I helped secure record higher education funding, overdue tax reform, and record clean energy investments. I sponsored and passed legislation to protect endangered Orcas, increase opportunities to develop farmworker housing, expand voting rights, tackle climate change, protect our open spaces including Blanchard Mountain, and keep our waterways clean by removing derelict vessels. Additionally, I catalyzed the formation of the Ferry Legislator Caucus to address concerns to service and reliability of our marine highway system.
My work and advocacy has helped bring state investment to local projects including the San Juan Islands’ Oil Spill Association, Didgwalic Wellness Center, Lopez Swim Center, Mount Vernon Library, Lummi National Community Park, Skagit Emergency Communications, and the Port of Bellingham waterfront.
As your State Senator, I’m proud to be:
Your Environmental Champion
- Developing land-use policies that ensure the public benefit of preserving open spaces, beaches, and wildlife.
- Investing in clean energy and climate resiliency, especially as it relates to our lower-income neighborhoods who bear the brunt of climate change.
- Planning for the energy and transportation needs of the neighborhoods and industries of tomorrow.
Your Housing and Homelessness Advocate
- Getting our most vulnerable neighbors the services and support they need.
- Creating a path to affordable housing for all ages and incomes through regional collaboration, strategic zoning, and financial modeling.
- Recognizing and investing in housing as a foundation of public health and community well-being.
Your Voice in Olympia
- Working collaboratively with the community and all levels of government to create real solutions to our shared challenges.
- Supporting rural communities through policies to augment economic development, transportation, agriculture, and forestry.